Thursday, August 27, 2009

levi the labradoodle - 18x24


This is my dog Levi. He's a labradoodle, is as scruffy as they come and is still very much a puppy! For this one, I thought it'd be fun to show the process.

1. First I had to get a decent picture of my dog, not as easy as it sounds:


WINNER!


2. Map out the painting:


3. Mix the colors (You betcha I held up my pallet to my dog to make sure the colors matched):


4. Slab on the colors with a pallet knife (quickly covers a lot of surface):


5. Levi's approval, very important


6. Choose a background color


7. Fill the background and flesh out the other colors


8. Add the detail and contrasting colors

1 comment:

Emily C said...

I love seeing the step by step process of your paintings. I love your art. I miss seeing all the photos on your camera!